Streaming media has been a lifeline throughout the pandemic, and while many industries struggled during COVID-19, streaming flourished. According to Conviva’s State of Streaming Q4 2020, the time spent streaming increased 44% between Q4 2019 and Q4 2020.
With competition in streaming media exploding, as evidenced by recent merger and acquisition news by a few megabrands, content libraries are growing, as is consumer demand. To effectively compete, media companies need to deliver a positive customer experience while optimizing their costs and driving revenue.
The players that succeed are able to analyze their advertising performance and optimize user experience in real-time. They are able to deliver personalized content at scale and respond to anomalies in real-time, while continuously monitoring streaming performance. In order to do so, these organizations need to collect, process, and analyze data from multiple streaming data sources, devices, and millions of users in real-time.
Join SingleStore for a webinar at 10 am PT on July 13, 2021, to learn more about how Fast Analytics powers those key uses and learn:
- Current trends in media and entertainment
- How to solve the data challenge (hint: with the right infrastructure for today’s data-intensive media applications)
- How SingleStore has helped big brands like Comcast, Hulu, and Pandora achieve real-time advertising analytics, media monitoring, and diagnostics, and content personalization
- Mark Hashimoto, Former Senior Director of Engineering at Comcast NBCUniversal, Currently at WhatsApp
- Domenic Ravita, Field CTO at SingleStore